Are all photographers this way?

Olgaplusmodel - Model
Olgaplusmodel
(Model New York, United States)

Hi! I am a plus size model. I've had the pleasure of shooting with some fantastic photographers and some that are learning. I know that being a bigger girl limits me and I accept that. I know many photographers that will not shoot a plus size girl and I also respect that. But I posted a picture on the critique section and was insulted by a Professional photographer, a Mr. Jason Christopher also known as(yourphotoman)He even called me names. I can see beauty at any size and I respect all models and photographers. But I cannot respect someone who can be down right stereotypical and prejudice. American women are 70% plus size, size 14 and over. And I am hurt by such an ignorant comment. I can accept negative remarks. I look them over and I learn from them but all I have learned from this (yourphotoman) is that he is not my photoman, only a straight size photoman. Hey if that is what he likes then fine. Being a professional photographer, means being a perfect gentleman, opps I guess he is lacking in that department.
Olga

Link: www.musecube.com/olgaplusmodel
Posted at 10:09 AM on Sep 15, 2003
Olgaplusmodel - Model
Olgaplusmodel

Dear Paul,Thanks so much for your positive response. I happen to know Camille and she is also another plus size, Belle! I really enjoyed looking at your portfolio. Most important, you are open to change, and to the Beauty in Plus size women. It's men like you that can take on a project and make something magical out of it. There is no limits to your vision. I look forward to one day meeting you!
Olga

Link: www.musecube.com/olgaplusmodel
Posted at 10:46 AM on Sep 15, 2003
Olgaplusmodel - Model
Olgaplusmodel

Hola Paul,
Thanks again. You have always been a professional and fair photographer. Your book is full of rare beauties, in all shapes, and sizes! Yes!!!!!! I do need to shoot with you and soon. I was thinking sometime around Nov. Let me know what you think. I want Jewel to do my make-up. But I need a hair stylist. Talk to you soon.
Olga

Link: Website
Posted at 08:41 AM on Sep 17, 2003
Olgaplusmodel - Model
Olgaplusmodel

Hi Malik,
Thanks for the compliment and the support. I never got an answer back from that photographer that had insulted me. But people like him, just push me harder to success:)

Olga

Posted at 11:11 PM on Sep 17, 2003
yourphotoman - Photographer
yourphotoman
(Photographer California, United States)

Here is your reply from me.

You think that my comment is abuse? LOL. Walk into any agency and see what they say to you.

As far as your thinking about being plus size, you are NOT plus size.

You're way too short. Plus size can be a size 14 yes, but the women are 5'10" and taller. Go look on any REAL modeling website and you will see for yourself. Sure there might be an exception or two but those are exceptions.

Posted at 05:06 PM on Oct 12, 2003
Olgaplusmodel - Model
Olgaplusmodel

Ladies and Gentlemen, thanks for all of your support and respect. It's very much appreiciated.

Mr.Your photoman: I am sorry if you cannot see a woman model plus or straight that is 5'10 or smaller. For your information plus size starts at a size 8 and up, not 14! LOL. I am doing runway shows, back to back, in NJ, NY. I am the Signature model of the first ever wedding guide book for a full-figured woman, by arthor Chamein Canton, due out this January 2004. The book tour will start soon. And I am one not to show off but since you claim that I am not model material. Here goes all of my wanna be modeling gigs. I am the Spokesmodel of Plustyleladies and Gambino Jeans. I did a Yoga video and guess what I got paid $$$. Yes, fat girls can be flexible and work out. Can you imagine someone paying a girl with my looks money. LoL. I was just featured on the front cover of a local paper the Weehawken Reporter. I am working with the music group Matt Gois of the group Fannypack on an upcoming project. He wants to use me on his upcoming album cover. I just did an interview for the NYC woman's mag, FIRST and we do the photo in the next couple of weeks. I am also traveling to North Carolina, and may I add that my client is paying for my travel,hotel, and a couple of hundred dollars, here and there! During the book tour we are airing on the Oprah winfrey show,Montel, Good morning America and several others. Just last week I worked with an artist who painted a portrait of me and it will be showing in an art gallery in Tribeca, NY. I think that is all for now, forgive me if I may have missed something.
I can respect you as a talented photograher but I can clearly see that you have no respect to others or thier life-styles, opinions. I wish you all the best. I have never gone to a modeling agency. Models look for agencies so they can land jobs. I have landed all of these jobs with my short height,large frame,and my mind! And I have agencies interested in me. If and when I get an agency, I will make sure I drop your name and let them know that you will only shoot models that are taller than me and more fit.
Olga

Posted at 11:27 AM on Oct 13, 2003
Olgaplusmodel - Model
Olgaplusmodel

Toria,Alice, and Stacey Michelle, ladies thanks for supporting me. I am so honored and it feels real good inside.
Olga

Posted at 03:01 PM on Oct 14, 2003
Olgaplusmodel - Model
Olgaplusmodel

Hi Maurice,
Thanks for taking your time and speaking words that a professional and gentleman can say. Men, like you make all the difference. I wish you much continued success and take care.

And to all of my Plus size, Sisters,thank you too, and stay beautiful!

Posted at 11:17 AM on Oct 17, 2003

Newest Critique Image

Critique this image
Visit the Critique Gallery!
The critique gallery allows you to select images from your portfolio for review and comments by MuseCube members.

Latest Castings

Latest posts in the new Work Listings board

Seeking local female models for shoots i...
(Seeking model)
Minnesota, United States

Online Model Personality and Video Conte...
(Seeking model)
California, United States

TFP Female Models
(Seeking model)
Australia

Winter Studio Work
(Seeking model)
Michigan, United States

Female Model for Photoshoot
(Seeking model)
California, United States

A service of FlexArt, LLC.