Local girls

McGowanPhoto - Photographer
McGowanPhoto
(Photographer Arizona, United States)

FYI, I've heard lots of theories for the question I'm posing here from photographers. What I'd really like is some feedback from models.

The situation: I can get shoots with models from New York to San Francisco, from Toronto to Tucson, from Chicago to Charlotte. But when it comes to lining up shoots with models who live within an hour of my home in Ohio, things just fall apart. (There is one exception, Kendra Dane, who's on time, and exceptionally devoted to doing a great job.)

This works for all sorts of shoots, whether I'm paying the model, she's paying me or we're trading services.

As far as I know, all other factors seem to be about even. Experience levels, types of shoots, etc., run the gamut.

Would anybody care to comment?

Posted at 10:00 AM on Apr 18, 2005
McGowanPhoto

Yeah, I figured I'd give it a shot (trying to get some kind of answer). The answers provided by other shooters aren't exactly uplifting.

Maybe you're right. An expert is the SOB from out of town. Maybe that applies to photographers, too.

Posted at 12:29 PM on Apr 21, 2005
McGowanPhoto

Thanks, Gabriella...
I'm not really expecting things to change. But if there were some explanation, that would be cool.
I think I got a tip recently. A local model, new to MuseCube, had been e-mailing with me. She commented that I seemed nice, could we talk.
I told her sure, but suggested we set up a shoot. Haven't heard from her since.
My response to this one so far is that she's looking for dates, not for shoots.

Posted at 08:31 AM on Apr 22, 2005
McGowanPhoto

You're right, of course, Sheila.

Joe, the suggestion is appreciated. But I can't get them to show up and see the beret, or hear the accent. The out-of-towners aren't a problem. They just think it's strange that I talk southern and live in Ohio.

Posted at 01:33 PM on Apr 23, 2005
McGowanPhoto

Thanks, Ken... I'll have to think about that.

Posted at 07:37 PM on Apr 23, 2005

Newest Critique Image

Critique this image
Visit the Critique Gallery!
The critique gallery allows you to select images from your portfolio for review and comments by MuseCube members.

Latest Castings

Latest posts in the new Work Listings board

Seeking local female models for shoots i...
(Seeking model)
Minnesota, United States

Online Model Personality and Video Conte...
(Seeking model)
California, United States

TFP Female Models
(Seeking model)
Australia

Winter Studio Work
(Seeking model)
Michigan, United States

Female Model for Photoshoot
(Seeking model)
California, United States

A service of FlexArt, LLC.