Is this place dead?

Johnnylemuria - Photographer
Johnnylemuria
(Photographer Pennsylvania, United States)

There hasn't been a message on this forum in, what, five months? I understand everyone is in lockdown right now, but months of no activity? What's going on?

Posted at 12:07 PM on Mar 23, 2020
Grandart - Photographer
Grandart
(Photographer Illinois, United States)

Hate to burst your bubble, but this place is totally dead. I've hung around way too long and I need to leave. In the 2 years that mr. Brown has owned this site all that has happened is the old pictures from 2004 to 2008 have been recycled as models having renewed interest in your work. Believe me, it is a total waste of time.

Posted at 08:49 PM on Mar 24, 2020
EagerShooter - Photographer
EagerShooter
(Photographer Maryland, United States)

I recently arrived … give it time. Iwill keep posting.

Posted at 09:19 PM on Mar 25, 2020
gvbrown - Photographer
gvbrown
(Photographer Michigan, United States)

Thanks for that feedback.

Based on our stats, the forums appear to be the lesser popular section of the site, compared to other features.

We have seen a good increase in membership, as well as interactions between members. This has gone up significantly since we began retooling the service.

Interestingly, we found some unexpected trends in user activity - and should have some new features out relating to those observations soon.

When we began MuseCube (many years ago), we set out to do things differently, which worked to our advantage. Similar services in the current era are essentially operating with the same feature set. Some services work better than others, in terms of reliability or usability. In most cases, user loyalty is merely based on preference.

Our next phase will involve some level of reinvention, as well as approaching the market from a slightly different angle.

Our plan is to have the first round of these updates online within the next few months.

In the meantime, we are pushing hard on social media, and working to promote users who are currently using our services through those channels.

This is a great time to update your portfolios and take advantage of the down time to market yourselves. We'll do our part also.

Thanks all -
Geoff B

Posted at 08:51 AM on Apr 10, 2020
Grandart - Photographer
Grandart

Hi Geoff,
Thanks for posting the update on your plans. My hope is to see a revitalised MC in the not too distant future. One element that would help is to remove the 10 and 15 year old model portfolios that keep popping up almost daily. What triggers those is hard to find out; one thing is for sure, it does not come from the model.
Can't wait to see all of the other improvements that you are planning.
Best,
Peter Le Grand

Posted at 12:25 PM on Apr 14, 2020
EagerShooter - Photographer
EagerShooter
(Photographer Maryland, United States)

I joined about a month ago. I have been giving critiques (both positive and negative) of the work of other members at least weekly. Love so to see the other talent and see where I can improve. I hope MuseCube continues to exist.

Posted at 01:07 PM on Apr 22, 2020
fredinwmsbg - Photographer
fredinwmsbg
(Photographer Virginia, United States)

You know the reason I joined is to find models to work with. Of all my messages, number of replies..0! So I haven't used this site for that reason. If you can get MODELS to use this site, you'll be good to go. If not, Musecube without the Muses, kind of pointless. Hope you can revitalize this site, Model Mayhem needs some competition!

Posted at 08:20 PM on Apr 25, 2020
JandCphotos - Photographer
JandCphotos
(Photographer California, United States)

I see a little activity on the site but really hard to tell how much or how active members are. There is nothing that notes the last time they accessed their account.
I did a posting with not a single response as yet which makes me wonder
Sure hope the site powers up as it could be good!

Posted at 03:46 PM on Apr 29, 2020
Grandart - Photographer
Grandart

The reason this place looks and feels "dead" is that most of the models that joined did so in 2004 to 2010. These 18 years olds are now in their thirties, married and with too many kids to have any time for modeling. Most do not ever check for messages here; this means all of your calls for work go directly into the "ether". The silence here is really silence.

Posted at 05:26 PM on Apr 30, 2020
rscottphotography - Photographer
rscottphotography
(Photographer Canada)

Sticking my head in the door. Wanted to say Hi.

Posted at 12:15 AM on May 23, 2020
JandCphotos - Photographer
JandCphotos
(Photographer California, United States)

Ikve noticed the same thing. Get likes and have responded to a number of them but never a reply. And when i looked them up the photos were dated 2007 or 2009...... nothing newer that is dated.
I'm just wondering if some administrator Is sending all of these to give the impression the site is alive! Anyone?

Posted at 07:43 PM on Jun 18, 2020
Grandart - Photographer
Grandart

This place is as dead as dead can be!Almost all of the notifications are from people who signed up in 2004 or so and are now drawing pensions. (Just Kidding, but they are old) It is probably a piece of software that keeps re-releasing these model forms or else it is the owner Geoff Brown who keeps doing this. It is an enormous nuisance similar to "Hotel California". You can check in anytime, but you can never leave.

Posted at 11:00 PM on Jun 27, 2020
gvbrown - Photographer
gvbrown
(Photographer Michigan, United States)

We've had a few reports of what appears to be bot activity inflating "likes", etc.

I've put a block in place that should prevent that, as of this morning.

Old and orphaned accounts will be purged this week. Time for some new blood...

G-

Posted at 09:21 AM on Jun 30, 2020

Newest Critique Image

Critique this image
Visit the Critique Gallery!
The critique gallery allows you to select images from your portfolio for review and comments by MuseCube members.

Latest Castings

Latest posts in the new Work Listings board

Casting Nude
(Seeking model)
Delaware, United States

Portfolio Overhaul
(Seeking model)
Texas, United States

18+ Females for Themed Photoshoot
(Seeking model)
Nevada, United States

Worth More Than A Thousand....Naked!
(Seeking model)
Michigan, United States

Looking for Amateur Females age 18-35 fo...
(Seeking model)
California, United States

A service of FlexArt, LLC.