Username: Password:

New to musecube...

marywehrhahn
marywehrhahn - Photographer
Photographer
New York, United States
View Portfolio

Hi, I'm new to musecube and have posted a few images. I appreciate honest critiques from formidable photogsraphers (of which there are many on this site). My PS skills are minimal so most of my images are straight out of the camera.
Thanks for taking the time to look.
Mary

Posted at 08:03 AM on Mar 19, 2008

Jobe
Jobe - Photographer
Photographer
United Kingdom
View Portfolio

Hi Mary : )

Welcome to Musecube, and thanks for bringing your wonderful work with you! I'm a sucker for nature work and I must say that the three desaturated/B&W images of the flowers are absolutely beautiful. I look forward to seeing your portfolio bloom with work ; )

Take care,

Jobe

Posted at 06:57 PM on Mar 19, 2008

marywehrhahn
Photographer
New York, United States
View Portfolio

Whoa.... what a welcome! You are some of the formidable photographers I mentioned. You make me drool. Each in your own ways. Thank you so much I feel vindicated, welcomed and humbled all at the same time. Jobe I have seen your flowers as well as other images... blown away. Melis I could only hope to follow you around in a studio. Jim, wow, and Michael, geez, just to be noticed tickles me. I'm elated that you see the potential that I have, my the willingness to learn and my desire to tell my story. Thanks for making me feel at home. I moved out of my comfort zone and sometimes feel a tad wobbly. (not a bad thing) Grazie!
ciao, mary

Posted at 09:00 PM on Mar 19, 2008

McGowanPhoto
McGowanPhoto - Photographer
Photographer
Arizona, United States
View Portfolio

I, too, really find the flower pictures to be your best. They look as if they're fully thought out and captured just as you wanted them to be.

Congrats on a great start. Keep showing off whatever you come up with next.

Posted at 09:30 PM on Mar 19, 2008

marywehrhahn
Photographer
New York, United States
View Portfolio

Michael,
Wow, thanks - so maybe I wasn't such a fool for giving up my dayjob to persue a dream.
It's wonderful to have someone else appreciate the beauty you see in life. It's a nice connection. It's what I want my images to do. Not all make the cut. But it is terrific to love what you are doing and creating was always so much fun. Maybe that's why it's so hard to make a living out of it - then it would be called work! ;-) Mary

Posted at 01:43 AM on Mar 20, 2008

marywehrhahn
Photographer
New York, United States
View Portfolio

Yeah, I pretty much walked out of a $95,000 job - it'll be a year 4/20 because the stress was not worth it. Some called me courageous, others called me insane. But when you find yourself holding your breathe while driving to work something is wrong. And it wasn't the work, it was the ineptitude of the people in charge and their lack of consideration for the people they effected. I worked hard all my life and saved enough FU money. Life is too short not to enjoy it and too long if you don't.
I'm spending my daughter's inheritance and she couldn't be happier for me.

And you're right, Syracuse is not so far away. Thanks,
Mary

Posted at 09:54 AM on Mar 20, 2008

JackCutler
JackCutler - Photographer
Photographer
Pennsylvania, United States
View Portfolio

Better late than never.
Welcome to the cube. Great images and a very different way to look at things. Success in all.
Rock on
Jack

Posted at 08:59 AM on Mar 21, 2008

marywehrhahn
Photographer
New York, United States
View Portfolio

Jack,
You all certainly make a person feel welcomed.

I find it difficult to tear myself away from the screen. I'm spending a lot of time looking at some really pheonomenal photographers and some of the lovliest model's sites.
It's pays to learn from the best!
Grazie,
Mary

Posted at 12:15 PM on Mar 21, 2008

JackCutler
JackCutler - Photographer
Photographer
Pennsylvania, United States
View Portfolio

Sharing is what makes Muse different from the Grip & Grin sites. I have learned a lot just from the forums and looking at many SUPER images on "the Cube"

JC

Posted at 04:10 PM on Mar 21, 2008

Newest Critique Image

Latest Work Listings