Username: Password:

Petite plus size...

Delusionsdeformed
Delusionsdeformed - Model
Model
Pennsylvania, United States
View Portfolio

I'm short about 5'3, but I wear it well I was wondering if that qualified me for petite modeling?

Posted at 12:37 AM on Sep 15, 2007

Delusionsdeformed
Delusionsdeformed - Model
Model
Pennsylvania, United States
View Portfolio

Alright thanks ^_^ i've contacted a few.

Posted at 01:49 PM on Sep 15, 2007

Aus20047
Aus20047 - Model
Model
Michigan, United States
View Portfolio

I'm a plus size model in Detroit and I'm 5'4 size 12 and I got signed to a agency and I'm in a fashion show, so there is hope for us tinie winies, lol.

Posted at 12:48 AM on Sep 22, 2007

McGowanPhoto
McGowanPhoto - Photographer
Photographer
Arizona, United States
View Portfolio

Anna's comments were from experience.

The major agencies need tall models because the major clients want them.

Local agencies often have to make do with shorter models because there are only so many tall ones to go around.

Thus, local fashion shows put on by retailers will often have shorter models. Those shows, however, are not the same as the ones put on by manufacturers and designers. In those shows, staffed by major agency models, the sizes and talent are quite different.

Posted at 03:38 PM on Dec 21, 2007

cynthialeigh
cynthialeigh - Model
Model
Louisiana, United States
View Portfolio

Sometimes it's just a matter of what kind of modeling, and who you're with. I've signed with mostly promo & talent agencies, but I'm happy with my agents (especially my local ones), so what do I care?

Posted at 11:28 PM on Jan 16, 2008

cynthialeigh
cynthialeigh - Model
Model
Louisiana, United States
View Portfolio

Thanks AMTAgency! And I thought I'd add this link:
http://www.plusmodelmag.com/General/plus-model-magazine-article-detail.asp?article-id=807511192

It's the Featured Model in Plus Model Mag for this month. She's 5'3 and weights 190lbs, but she's done some great fashion work because she's dedicated.

I'm not saying that everyone will be able to do what she's done, but it's certainly worth trying.

Link: Cynthia-Leigh.Com
Posted at 03:05 PM on Apr 19, 2008

Newest Critique Image

Latest Work Listings