Username: Password:

Digital vs emulsion shoot off...

testshootcom
testshootcom - Photographer
Photographer
California, United States
View Portfolio

Until someone comes up with a standard test that multiple photographers can use digital and film to compare photographs, we are doomed to opinionated, pigheaded grudge matches. Lijke USC vs UCLA, Porsche vs Ferrari, Dogs vs Cats.

So I am a heavy emulsion guy, but I may get a 645D Mamiya for kicks, but not as my main camera. So I am 70%film - 30% digital.

I am suggesting that we get a bunch of guys together and celebrate our differences. Sound like a plan?

Posted at 06:48 PM on Dec 13, 2003

testshootcom
Photographer
View Portfolio

To throw in my ego, this is what format I see best suited for the subject.

Fashion-Emulsion
Glamour-Digital
Art-Emulsion
Sports-Digital
Journalism-Digital
Commercial-toss up large formart viewcam vs digital
Portraiture-Emulsion
Headshots-Digital

Truth is the finished product always gets cleaned up in post production digital.

Posted at 06:51 PM on Dec 13, 2003

testshootcom
Photographer
View Portfolio

"wait a second here, are you really comparing porsche, the finely tuned art of german mechanical perfection to ferrari which only starts because of bosch engine management?!"

A Porsche is a VW on 'roids. Actually my former 550 was Motronic ECU. You choose the right engine management for the job. The Ferrari ran great, always did, always will. Anyway there is no convincincing once you have dug your heels in. My bro's best friend is a Porsche mach at Mckenna here in LA. He is far busier than the guys at OC Ferrari/Maserati, maybe that will tell you something. :)

Posted at 08:51 PM on Dec 13, 2003

Newest Critique Image

Latest Work Listings