Username: Password:

Anyone still using film?...

jeffmedina43
jeffmedina43 - Photographer
Photographer
Iowa, United States
View Portfolio

I am still an old dinosaur that still uses film as well as digital.I actually prefer film over digital for fine art/revealing shoots.I especially enjoy the lower ASA black and white films that Ilford still offers.I shoot all Nikon,and I just love my film.With all the dollars I have spent on my equipment(Especially lenses),I am going to use film till it cant be found anymore.Anyone else feel the same way?

Posted at 03:03 PM on May 20, 2008

jeffmedina43
jeffmedina43 - Photographer
Photographer
Iowa, United States
View Portfolio

Dont get me wrong.I do digital.I shoot NikonD2x,D3,D80.I love the new stuff Nikon comes out with.At the same time,I do like to do film for my own studio work when it goes in my book.I will shoot film and digital when I do shots for my book,and make my choice.Digital is the norm now,but I am nostalgic when it comes to my expensive film cameras.I also shoot a Hassleblad in 120 format,and love it for fine art portraits.However,most of the Nikon film lenses will work on most of the higher end digitals.I currently use a 180MM zoom on my D3 that is tack sharp.It is a film lens.With my business,I do digital.With my art,I use film.Well.bye.Thanks for answering

Posted at 12:56 PM on May 21, 2008

ZoeWiseman
ZoeWiseman - Photographer
Photographer
California, United States
View Portfolio

I work for myself - so for me, there's no substitute for film. The only thing I use digital for are vacation snap shots and shots of my cats when they're doing something funny. I shoot 4x5, 120, 35mm - regularly.

Posted at 04:01 AM on Jun 07, 2008

rowanmacs
rowanmacs - Photographer
Photographer
Australia
View Portfolio

Only use film now for underwater and pinhole (results up as soon as I have them) and soon only for pinhole, except I'm looking to do an underwater pinhole series.

Posted at 08:17 AM on Jun 22, 2008

rowanmacs
rowanmacs - Photographer
Photographer
Australia
View Portfolio

A pinhole pic

Link: The Green Peril by pinhole
Posted at 04:47 AM on Jul 02, 2008

Newest Critique Image

Latest Work Listings