Username: Password:

white balance...

Gpro
Gpro - Studio or Creative Group
Studio or Creative Group
Maryland, United States
View Portfolio

Any advice on white balance settings especially for outdoor pics. Thx in advance.

Posted at 09:41 PM on May 06, 2009

marywehrhahn
marywehrhahn - Photographer
Photographer
New York, United States
View Portfolio

I guess it depends on what settings are on your camera. What kind of camera do you use. I have a Canon 50D and it has settings for sun, shade, clouds, tungsten, fluorescent, average white balance and a custom white balance. Try shooting the same object with different settings to see the various results.
Do you have a specific question?

Mary

Posted at 05:47 PM on May 07, 2009

Gpro
Gpro - Studio or Creative Group
Studio or Creative Group
Maryland, United States
View Portfolio

Rite but u can't trust the cam settings sometimes. Seeing the results with different settings is probably best. Thx.

Posted at 10:01 PM on May 08, 2009

Starburstphotography
Starburstphotography - Photographer
Photographer
Canada
View Portfolio

Here is my thoughts.
I am just going to simplify things for you from my perspective.

The most important thing I ever learned how to do was to do a pre-white balance on the camera while shooting out doors using the gray card.

If you google youtube on how to white balance your camera you will get a few videos that will walk you through it.

In my mind that will give you the closest image from what you eyes are seeing.

Seldom do I bother to use the cameras presets unless I have to take a quick shot and I don't have time to experiment.

Using the Kelvin temperature scale can become very complicated and is really for in my opinion scientist.

Most times just run it on auto if you don't have a gray card. Most times when I am in the studio I set white balance to auto.

Posted at 04:26 AM on Jul 30, 2009

Newest Critique Image

Latest Work Listings