Username: Password:

Best Affordable Camera To Shoot Pro Images...

Sultan
Sultan - Model
Model
California, United States
View Portfolio

Hi,

I'm about to splurge on a new camera, and so far everything I've been reading is hinting that the Canon Digital Rebel is the best option, in terms of price and functions.

Any feedback, other camera options etc, greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted at 02:53 AM on Aug 09, 2007

McGowanPhoto
McGowanPhoto - Photographer
Photographer
Arizona, United States
View Portfolio

I'm a none-of-the-above type, since I use Fuji S3 and S2.

But the main thing is to find a camera you're comfortable using. If you don't like the way it feels, the pictures you take with it will suffer.

Try out a bunch of cameras, including the Digital Rebel. But also check out something like the 20D from Canon or the Nikon D80. Those cameras are a substantial move up from the Rebel and should last you a long, long time.

As Jene says, the lenses are vital. I find my Nikon lenses to be superb, and I've heard great things about the Canon optics.

If you're going to be hating every minute of using it, though, any camera will be an albatross.

Posted at 01:57 PM on Aug 09, 2007

Sultan
Sultan - Model
Model
California, United States
View Portfolio

Thanks.

Posted at 02:24 PM on Aug 09, 2007

McGowanPhoto
McGowanPhoto - Photographer
Photographer
Arizona, United States
View Portfolio

Just when everything looks stable, along comes a new camera to upset everything. This time, it's the Canon 40D, a 10 MP camera for $1200. The kit lens adds about $300 to the package.

As for lens woes, I had a Tamron that refused to work with my Fuji. Luckily, I bought it from local camera store. They took it back and sold me a Nikon lens.

Except for the 28-75 Tamron lens, I haven't had good luck with off-brand lenses. For some reason, that lens has worked well so far.

Posted at 03:55 PM on Aug 20, 2007

Newest Critique Image

Latest Work Listings