Username: Password:

Sharks Motors...

gvbrown
gvbrown - Photographer
Photographer
Michigan, United States
View Portfolio

Hi,
The following message came through this week. These are not legitmate offers - typical type of scam that we usually see.
Example below:

------------

My name is Remi Singleton. Am freelance modelling agent working for Sharks Motors in Westside, IA. I saw your profile and pictues while surfing the internet, I appreciate them and I would like us to do some works together. I presently have good offer for you. I want to know if you are interested in modelling because I need pictures of a good looking person who will be on the magazine cover of one of my Auto sales Company.
Please let me know if you are interested in the Job. You stand a chance of making reasonable $750 from this deal to start, and even a noticeable fame. Let me know if you are interested in my offer and I would give you further details.

God Bless
Remi Singleton.
sunycrystal99@gmail.com

Posted at 11:49 AM on Jun 15, 2007

McGowanPhoto
McGowanPhoto - Photographer
Photographer
Arizona, United States
View Portfolio

First: What you received is worthless. Take it to the cops if you like. Just do not cash it. It's counterfeit.

Never, ever, take your cut from something and send the rest of the money along. That's how the Nigerian scam works. You'll wind up out all the money you forward plus whatever fees your bank charges for the bogus amount in your account.

Posted at 12:12 PM on Jul 03, 2007

McGowanPhoto
Photographer
Arizona, United States
View Portfolio

Jeff, that one's actionable. Call the cops and let 'em have at it.

Posted at 11:05 PM on Jul 24, 2007

McGowanPhoto
Photographer
Arizona, United States
View Portfolio

Jeff, could this have anything to do with your involvement with that background checking site? Maybe you made some "friends" out there somewhere?

Posted at 12:32 PM on Jul 26, 2007

McGowanPhoto
Photographer
Arizona, United States
View Portfolio

Haley, you can take the check to the police, but as noted above, they probably won't be able to do much about it.

There's even a Web site now, devoted entirely to helping people who get fake checks ... fakechecks.org.

They offer quizzes and things to help people avoid scams.

Link: The checks site
Posted at 04:17 PM on Oct 22, 2007

Newest Critique Image

Latest Work Listings