Username: Password:

modelsonline.co.uk...

gvbrown
gvbrown - Photographer
Photographer
Michigan, United States
View Portfolio

Hi,
We have banned a group operating under the following website addresses or aliases for fraud:

www.modelsonline.co.uk
modelsonlines.com
...as well as a few others...

Messages may appear from a different email address, but ultimately will direct the recipient back to the modelsonline.co.uk web address.

Geoff B

Posted at 01:19 PM on Nov 09, 2006

cpham1010
cpham1010 - Model
Model
Colorado, United States
View Portfolio

So this is a total scam? I received an email from a Richmond Andrea... I had to wire $425.10 USD to them and airfare and hotel would shortly follow for an event April 10-25 OR April 25-30 and the equivelency of $1000USD was to be given at time of arrival and the rest of the money would be paid within 2 weeks of the event, being another $6200USD. This thread doesn't say scam, but rather just going around the idea of it. So dont' go with it?

Posted at 04:26 PM on Mar 27, 2007

gvbrown
gvbrown - Photographer
Photographer
Michigan, United States
View Portfolio

They are definitely a scam. They have also operated under other names, similar, using odd misspellings or almost always some strange plural spelling (modelsonlines, for example).

They were completely blocked from using this site awhile ago, however, if you have gotten any new messages through here from that group, please report it to abuse.

Posted at 07:37 AM on Mar 29, 2007

cpham1010
cpham1010 - Model
Model
Colorado, United States
View Portfolio

Thanks for the info. The last couple of days I did my own research. I actually contacted the London airport's event coordinator and had NO events scheduled for those dates in any conference rooms as modelsonline.com indicated. They also claimed it was in "terminal 5", which there is NO terminal 5. There is, but it won't be finished until March 2008!

I also had the capbilities of reading the "contract" and so many words were mis-spelled and the name on the contract was no where to be found on the internet. I actually was approached by them through talenthunter.com!

Thanks again. Love this website btw. Very informative, orgnanized, easy to use and I JUST LOVE IT!

Posted at 12:31 PM on Mar 29, 2007

gvbrown
gvbrown - Photographer
Photographer
Michigan, United States
View Portfolio

Same people. I booted them. Thanks for reporting it!

Posted at 09:07 PM on May 26, 2007

zooni
zooni - Model
Model
Lebanon
View Portfolio

Good to know this, thanks all.

I just messages from: Mr. Travis Johnson (travisjohnson911@yahoo.com) & from Jaheim Good (TEL:+447045703255). Telling me about this modeling thing & the 220pounds which I have to pay...

So watch out from them.
Have a nice fraudless day.

Link: my MC page
Posted at 08:40 AM on Jun 28, 2007

PhotographybyCassone
PhotographybyCassone - Photographer
Photographer
Florida, United States
View Portfolio

Good grief - and it seems as soon as one gets booted off, two more pop up!

OY!

best wishes
Cassone

Posted at 01:42 PM on Jan 21, 2008

Newest Critique Image

Latest Work Listings