Username: Password:

Another Scammer, booted...

gvbrown
gvbrown - Photographer
Photographer
Michigan, United States
View Portfolio

This one came through this morning, but was trapped and cancelled before their messages got out. Be cautious of anything like this. It appears to be a member of the same group who was running the "MBGN" scam.

----
I went through your profile on the Model site Kelly told me, and I think you are qualified to participate in this upcoming event. We have offices and branches in SOUTHAFRICA, UNITED KINGDOM, NIGERIA, ITALTY, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA etc..

This opportunity is open up to a few of models and fashion people who want to be a participant , guest and also investors, for the models direct Group beauty/fashion Show 2006 from the 25th-29th August.

I want to inform the numerous guest and foreign investor who would like to be a part of it all to know they stand to gain a lot in UNITED STATES, where the show is holding. We have a lot of event line-up for guest and our sponsors like V-mobile telecoms, Hilton hotels, four star hotels and best foods shall be have support, as they have promise to sponsor it for the success of the show .

All Models will be staying at the HILTON HOTELS IN UNITED STATES, US

http://www.hilton.com/us/SiteHomePage

Here are the Details of the Exhibitions as follows:

1.get together of every model will be held on the 25th at the HILTON HOTELS. It's going to be like a welcome meeting.

2. The fist Fashion Exhibition, will be held at 2:00pm on the 26th and 27th, and there will be a lot of prominent and a lot of very important people coming for this exhibition.

3.You are just required to wear our fashion products and model with the other models coming along for this event; you are required to model on the 27th and on the 28th same time.

4. And on the very last day which is on the 29th, you will be required to take Billboards picture and camera photo, which we'll be using for our Billboards adverts and Posters.

If you are interested please send me your details in the following other:

FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
HOME MOBILE PHONE#:
NEAREST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT:
ANY HEALTH INFORMATION WE NEED TO KNOW:

AS SOON AS WE GET THIS INFORMATIONS I WOULD START WOKING ON YOUR FLIGHT RESAVATION TO THE VENUE

You can call our offices to get more informations about this Event.

TEL: (360)935-7092

Regards

BEKUS DAVID
MODELLING CONSULTANT

Posted at 11:54 AM on Aug 09, 2006

MarkFix
MarkFix - Photographer
Photographer
Colorado, United States
View Portfolio

Thanks GV.
Mark Fix

Posted at 10:24 PM on Aug 15, 2006

McGowanPhoto
McGowanPhoto - Photographer
Photographer
Arizona, United States
View Portfolio

Jean, there are about a dozen warning signs in the "offer." Chief among them: Too complicated.

There's absolutely no reason for an organization to be seeking models all around the world rather than rounding them up locally, especially if they're in London or New York.

Beyond that, any mention of Nigeria in one of these come-ons is a self-indictment of a scam. The Nigerian government thinks bilking westerners out of their hard-earned cash is a great way to bolster the local economy. Thus, they allow scammers to operate freely as long as it's international scamming.

Finally, how could an outfit capable of putting on an event such as this have been anonymous for so long? Billboards? Have you seen billboards for such an event? There's no name for the organization, so there's no way to check it out. The telephone is most likely a cell phone. What organization would rely on cell phones for something like this?

These "opportunities" are simply bogus. Once you learn to read between the lines, you'll be able to spot them immediately.

Posted at 10:43 AM on Aug 27, 2006

McGowanPhoto
McGowanPhoto - Photographer
Photographer
Arizona, United States
View Portfolio

If you have time to burn, playing their game does one good thing for other people. It keeps them busy with you and not with some poor sucker who's about to send them money. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Posted at 05:59 PM on Oct 04, 2006

Newest Critique Image

Latest Work Listings