Username: Password:

Silverbirds / MBGN Scam...

gvbrown
gvbrown - Photographer
Photographer
Michigan, United States
View Portfolio

We have been alerted to a scam involving the "Silverbird Entertainment" company and the "Most Beautiful Girl of Nigeria" contest.

This scam involves the promotion of an “upcoming event”, which the participants are promised a large sum of money. The dates of this event are continually changing, but will occasionally use the names posted below, and are most often related to the “Most Beautiful Girl of Nigeria Contest”, an upcoming magazine, or an event said to take place at Eko hotel in Nigeria or Ghana.

Participants are required to pay an entry fee of a variable sum of money (typically $200, often more), which is said to be an insurance deposit, in exchange for the company covering round trip expenses for the participant.

Money wired to this company will not be refunded, and there is no contest.

The company may use multiple names, including the following:
Trecy Bells, Duane Wills, Duane Daniel, Tonya Williams, Dave Moore, Thomas John, among others.

In addition to this scam, the company has been banned from MuseCube for creating multiple accounts using stolen credit cards, and operating under different names. We are working with the FBI to track and prosecute individuals involved in this scam.

Any contact with this company should be reported to abuse immediately.

Posted at 08:59 PM on Feb 28, 2006

gvbrown
gvbrown - Photographer
Photographer
Michigan, United States
View Portfolio

Hi,
Silverbirds shouldn't be allowed to message through the site anymore.

If you do get a suspect email, just click abuse. We investigate all of these, particularly messages from "agents" working through free email services.

Geoff B

Posted at 10:27 AM on Mar 27, 2006

Strawberry385
Strawberry385 - Model
Model
Florida, United States
View Portfolio

I got the same email, this is how the 1st one read:

hello friend.... would you like to be one of our
professional model in our upcoming exhibition show
coming up for international models in the UK AND SOUTH AFRICA?we are a
new modelling conpany called MODELLA entertainments
and we are having our model exhibition to promote
our new designer wears and culture, we would be taking care of
your flight resavations and your first payment is
about $2000 US dollars on arrival at the vanue and lots
more we would also be sending you your contract form
and it would last for just 5days ...mail me back for
more information.
trecy jones

I emailed them back to get more information and this is the second one I got:

Hi dear.......................we are located in south Africa and the uk respectively and we are a new modelling company ..OUR HEAD OFFICE IS AT THE UK WHERE WE WOULD BE HAVING THIS FORTH COMING EXHIBITION..we actually started like 3 yrs ago..and this is one of the biggest event we are going to be hosting.... we have models coming from various part of the world like china, the united states,ghana,mexico, peru .... we are only involved with runway modelling, bill board shot, magazine shot and other personal contract that you would be offered when you recieve the invitation, that is if you would be part of it....like i said the venue for this exhibition is at THE UK , from MAY 21th - 28th 2006. and all our models would be staying at EKO HOTELS, and we want you to know that we will be taking care of all the expenses, we are corrently making the documentation for those that have accepted our invitation and we would be sending them the ticket very shortly.. its a round trip ticket and your first payment would be $2000 for honouring the invitation along with your ticket.the payment would be given to you at your arrival at the venue but your ticket would be sent to you via U.P.S delivery, Hope that is welcoming to you... we hope to tell you more via phone in person but if you are intrested pls send me your details in the following other:
FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
HOME & MOBILE PHONE#:
NEAREST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
ANY HEALTH INFORMATION WE NEED TO KNOW:
AS SOON AS I GET THIS INFORMATIONS I WOULD START WOKING ON YOUR FLIGHT RESAVATION TO THE VENUE AND YOUR TICKET WOULD BE DELIVER AT YOUR DOOR STEP ASAP AND ALSO AN UPFRONT PAYMENT SO THAT YOU WILL BE FINANCIALLY BOYANT.WE NEED TO BE SURE ABOUT YOU BEFORE PAYING FOR YOUR FLIGHT TICKET OK.WE ARE CURRENTLY DOING UPGRADING ON OUR SITE. silverbirds_entertainment.com
THIS WAS OUR LAST LOCAL BEAUTY CONTEST YOU CAN CHECK OUT
http://www.mbgnigeria.com/mbgn/default.asp
mail me back and tell what you feel about the invitation...we are working with time k...all the best and hope to ear from you soonest. ALL THE EXPENSES WOULD BE PAID BY OUR FINANCERS AND THEY WOULD BE CONTACTING YOU IF YOU ARE WILING TO GET THE CONTRACT ALSO YOUR CONTRACT FORM WOULD BE SENT TO YOU VIA EMAIL SO THAT YOU CAN FILL IT FOR DOCUMENTATION PURPOSES, PLS NOTE THAT YOU ARE NOT EXPECTED TO SPEND ANY PERSONAL FUNDS FOR OUR INVITATION BUT OUR FINANCERS WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT WITH WELLS FARGO BANK SO THAT YOU CAN GET ALL THE FUNDS YOU NEED FOR THE EXHIBITION THRU A BANK TRANFER FROM OUR FINANCERS TO YOUR ACCOUNT .......
mail me soon and tell if you are interested , take care ,
trecy.

Isn't this horrible? I hope the FBI catches whomever these people are.

Posted at 02:28 AM on Apr 19, 2006

rose642
rose642 - Model
Model
Netherlands
View Portfolio

i had the same email but then with the name terry smith from models direct about that same contest with all the same info..there head office was in south africa or something..

Posted at 12:07 PM on May 17, 2006

avanah
avanah - Model
Model
Saint Kitts and Nevis
View Portfolio

Hi

This morning i got the following email from who i am assuming are the same people ...

------------------------------------------------

hello friend.... would you  like to  be our professional model in our upcoming exhibition show coming up for international models?
your first payment is about $2000 dollars on arrival and lots more...mail me back for more information..........we are located in south
Africa and the uk respectively and we are a new modelling company ..OUR HEAD OFFICE IS AT south africa but we would be having
THIS FORTH COMING EXHIBITION both in south africa and the uk respectively..we actually started like 3 yrs ago..and this is one of
the biggest event we are going to be hosting.... we have models coming from various part of the world like china, the united
states,ghana,mexico, peru .... we are only involved with runway modelling, bill board shot, magazine shot and other personal contract
which  you would be offered when you recieve the invitation, that is if you would be part of it....like i said the venue for this
exhibition is at THE UK , from august  21th - 28th 2006. and all our models would be staying at a five star hotel close to the venue of
the exhibition,  we want you to know that we will be taking care of all the expenses, we are corrently making the documentation for
those that have accepted our invitation and we would be sending them the ticket very shortly.. its a round trip ticket and your first
payment would be $2000  for honouring the invitation along with your ticket.the payment would be given to you at your arrival at the
venue but your ticket would be sent to you via U.P.S delivery, Hope that is welcoming to you... we hope to tell you more via phone in
person but if you are intrested pls send me your details in the following other:
FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
HOME & MOBILE PHONE#:
NEAREST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
ANY HEALTH INFORMATION WE NEED TO KNOW:
AS SOON AS I GET THIS INFORMATIONS I WOULD START WOKING ON YOUR FLIGHT RESAVATION TO THE VENUE AND
YOUR TICKET WOULD BE DELIVER AT YOUR DOOR STEP ASAP AND ALSO AN UPFRONT PAYMENT SO THAT YOU WILL BE
FINANCIALLY BOYANT.WE NEED TO BE SURE ABOUT YOU BEFORE PAYING FOR YOUR FLIGHT TICKET OK.WE ARE
CURRENTLY DOING UPGRADING ON OUR SITE.
mail me back and tell what you feel about the invitation...we are working with time...all the best and hope to ear from you soonest.
ALL THE EXPENSES WOULD BE PAID BY OUR FINANCERS AND THEY WOULD BE CONTACTING YOU IF YOU ARE WILING
TO GET THE CONTRACT ALSO YOUR CONTRACT FORM WOULD BE SENT TO YOU VIA EMAIL SO THAT YOU CAN FILL IT
FOR DOCUMENTATION PURPOSES.
hope to ear from you soonest.
regards.
terry moore

-----------------------------------------------

Luckily for me i googled the email address and got this link ...

Hope this info is helpful to whoever is trying to track them ...

Avanah

Posted at 01:32 PM on Jun 19, 2006

Newest Critique Image

Latest Work Listings