Username: Password:

Feed the Models Project...

cmcneal
cmcneal - Model
Model
Texas, United States
View Portfolio

www.myspace.com/christymcneal

Do you have to be Female and/or be a model to participate?

Answer: No. If you see the vision and support bringing attention to and encouraging healthy models, then please join us...

** There's still representation needed in other states **

****Feed the Models Project****

OUR PURPOSE - To encourge healthy models regardless of age, size, or nationality. GOAL - Walk-A-Thon / Celebration - November 8th. The Texas walk-a-thon will be November the 8th due to no openings on the 8th.

As your Texas Coordinator (Representing baby baby , please contact me www.myspace.com/christymcneal with your name and contact method if you're interested in participating. We are building our Texas team as we speak. Contact me if your just not sure because you have additional questions or concerns...I'll work hard to address them or obtain the answer to them.

I encourage you to visit: www.myspace.com/feedthemodelsproject
and check out the following and add your comments or questions:

** Remember, this project is NOT limited to a select few... it's to encourge healthy models regardless of age, size, or nationality. Even, if you are not a model but see the vision and want to lend your support, we encourage you to participate as well!!!! **

www.myspace.com/christymcneal

Sincerely yours,
Christy

*** There's more updates and registeration information
soon to come, so stay tuned ***

Link: Website
Posted at 11:12 PM on Jun 04, 2007

cmcneal
cmcneal - Model
Model
Texas, United States
View Portfolio

Hey Ana thank you for the feedback. I just reposted what they have been posted. For more information go to www.myspace.com/feedthemodelsproject

Posted at 01:11 PM on Jun 21, 2007

CJSouthBeach
CJSouthBeach - Photographer
Photographer
Florida, United States
View Portfolio

Okay, let's be honest here.

Your aim is to "educate" models to do what? Eat right? Work out? Gain weight? What's the plan?

Most of the models down here in South Beach do eat right and work out. They see their bodies as the only merchandise they sell... so they work on them constantly. Genetics also plays a rather large roll in the equasion. My lovely girlfriend eats more than I do... I look like a Hobbit and she's the greatest show on Earth.

There will always be those few who hurt themselves. It's really sad. But to aim at all thin models is stupid and calloused. Further, women over 200lbs are far more in danger of health risks than thin and fit women.

Now, before swinging that BMI sword - keep in mind that when they set it up - they made sure the blade was sharp on both sides. Do you really think the Gov't is after the thin people - or are they counting on average or bigger women to rally behind the cause... so when the sword sweeps back, they got you with your own words?

You think long and hard about the organization you're standing next to... it ain't a pretty one from where I'm viewing.

Posted at 05:02 AM on Jul 06, 2007

cpham1010
cpham1010 - Model
Model
Colorado, United States
View Portfolio

I find this posting quite hilarious. "Healthy" models. Ok, if you're a "larger" woman who eats right and exercises, props for you. You're healthy. Health is more than just having meat on your bones. I've been blessed w/ high metabolisim. I've had two children and haven't had to diet to get down to my thinness. It just came back to me 2 days after leaving the hospital. I eat right, 4 x's a day plus snacks to be exact, I exercise by walking and swimming and keeping quite active with my two children. I think it's quite funny how if a model is thin, they are automatically not healthy or they are depriving themselves of food.

I encourage plus models to model. I think big women are beautiful too, it's also how you want to project yourself as a plus size model. but beauty is different in everyone's eyes.

Posted at 04:20 PM on Aug 14, 2007

Fishbone
Fishbone - Model
Model
Massachusetts, United States
View Portfolio

Wow. There is still a lot of animosity present for plus size modeling isn't there? The fight is out there. I think we have to be realistic and admit the truth. Neither the excessively skinny nor excessively overweight state of being is healthy for the body. But I was a size 7 and am a size 14, was also a 20 and neither 20 nor 7 are healthy for my height. Maybe 14 isn't either, maybe a 10, but certainly not a 0 or 1 or 2, or even a 4.
I was all so I speak from both perspectives, we both are lying to both ourselves and others. Really overweight women say they really don't eat that much when they do, and really skinny women saying they eat healthy, enough..yes I know so many extremly skinny women claiming they "don't" even watch what they eat, yet put a drop of OLIVE oil in their salad and they flipppppp, and their lunch during a hard working day is ONE apple with a green tea drink...."SHE LIKES" the taste of that, yes sure, and all the acid in the stomach from that kind of a meal as well, and all the headaches as well as well as the nervousness from underfed nerves...forgetfullness, broken teeth from not chewing enough..and ofcourse what's it's all nice when you can just do your job run around like crazy and when you get home just lay around like you're dead because you have no energy... Yes, overweight women have other and also the same problems,....no energy, bad teeth, bad circulation, damaged nerves...etc etc.. well it makes sense..GOLDEN MIDDLE...BALANCE.... that is a universal wisdom that exists and works anywhere from China to here...anything OUT of BALANCE is off and unnatural and damaging... so I think it is a noble cause to fight for the industry to support that..
And to the industry I ask, do you really feel great designing, photographing etc... a really skinny model....come on youuuu know as well as I how eaaaasy it is too make a skinny female body look good in any piece in a sheet for one example... is that really an achievement, something to be proud of...or is real achievement taking a true curvy female body and working with it to create art, whether through clothes or photos or make up... think about it. Let's not be mad, I love you all, I was all, I just think we need to be honest and realistic. The industry isn't that quite yet. Aiming for it. But really we as models aren't honest with ourselves enough. I am not saying I am that golden middle by the way, I am aiming for a bit of a healthier weight, litle lower, but NOT much! Size is fine, maybe a 12 or 10...but some weightloss..so I am not just standing up for myself, but for what is true, whether I even like it or not...

Posted at 06:07 PM on May 26, 2008

Fishbone
Fishbone - Model
Model
View Portfolio

Well, there was a tone to it. Not so much your comments maybe as much as defensivnes by some regular sized models. I don't we can not exist next to one another, the point is that the industry should vary and include all as the market is also very diverse.
P.S.
I consider fashion art and I think many others do as well, it is a form of art Don't you think so?

Posted at 05:07 PM on May 27, 2008

Fishbone
Fishbone - Model
Model
View Portfolio

Well, I don't see why it can't and shouldn't be both?Isn't selling paintings an art too, or interior design etc etc... they all can sell or be used to sell something, but ultimately it is the art of doing something others can't that sells it. If it is all meant to sell clothes, than how come you have photos of fairies and ghosts etc? You are no selling a fairy outfit...? And isn't the photographer an artist in that case, as well as the model when they create that image through hard work, or the person who edits it, the make up designer...?
Don't get me wrong, but you sound fed up with the industry. Maybe you need new inspiration, flare or something to get you excited about it again...or just a vaccation to miss it a bit...

A separate question: do you have a plus division?

Posted at 02:07 PM on May 28, 2008

Fishbone
Fishbone - Model
Model
View Portfolio

Also, are you telling me that someone like Karl Lagerfeld cares only about selling a piece? Selling clothes? I don't think so, he has enough money. It is not money that he seeks, it is fame, admiration and acknowledgement.

Posted at 02:11 PM on May 28, 2008

Fishbone
Fishbone - Model
Model
View Portfolio

Well, since you like to make comments for relaxation, take a look at my profile and comment. I have a subject under critiques. I sense you don't quite see plus size as having much of a chance in the market, but doesn't matter, say what you think otherwise as well.

Posted at 12:58 AM on Jun 02, 2008

Fishbone
Fishbone - Model
Model
View Portfolio

" I have said that you cannot CHANGE the market."
Yes, but I'm special. I wish you could see me now cause I would a silly dance to say that. hehe. I mean commmon don't you tjhink I'm cuute. .. extra extra cute... maybe my husband just spoiled me... hehe.

Posted at 08:53 PM on Jun 02, 2008

Fishbone
Fishbone - Model
Model
View Portfolio

Well, I am not all looks. The eye thing that comes from inside...intelligence, equals reliability, learning fast, completing jobs etc etc. And good personality, I am blunt and honest, but I do know when to keep my mouth shut and also can be very very nice.:)

Posted at 05:25 PM on Jun 03, 2008