Username: Password:

face book or musecube?...

marywehrhahn
marywehrhahn - Photographer
Photographer
New York, United States
View Portfolio

I don't come to this site often - What has become of the wonderful photographer/model Musecube site? It was a community. Now by the looks of a lot of recent images posted, it has become a facebook look-a-like. Models posting selfies. Poor lighting, horrible compositions, with images that have no redeeming artistic qualities what-so-ever.
Isn't anyone watching the store anymore? Why do I bother... because some the best photographers still upload some wonderful images. Jobe, Michael, Dave, Jack, etc. Still love seeing your work.

Posted at 06:57 AM on Sep 06, 2013

marywehrhahn
marywehrhahn - Photographer
Photographer
New York, United States
View Portfolio

Yes, it's a mere shadow of its former self but I learned a lot and made some friends along the way.

Posted at 06:22 PM on Oct 15, 2013

gvbrown
gvbrown - Photographer
Photographer
Michigan, United States
View Portfolio

Unfortunately, some of these still slip through, despite our moderation of accounts.

Most of our referrals come from Facebook at this point, primarily due to the popularity of that platform. Along with it, comes that quality of users. I remove quite a few accounts daily due to quality.

Regarding site momentum, it is what we make of it. It's good to see that some of the old members are still active.

I do have a new project launching this month (December), if everything goes according to plan. Three monster new servers are in place and waiting on the final code. Essentially, this will be a rewrite of the MuseCube project, from the ground up, with many of the considerations and things that we've learned over the years, as well as some new things that aren't offered on this site or other sites. It is quite a bit different, being more network / social oriented, picking up some features that this platform simply can't support due to design. I'm really happy with the look and feel of it in testing so far. I'd love to see some of our long time members participate, as the new project should gain some good momentum out of the gate.

More to come...!

Geoff B

Posted at 12:19 PM on Dec 02, 2013

Newest Critique Image

Latest Work Listings