gvbrown
gvbrown - Photographer
Photographer
Michigan, United States
View Portfolio

Hey everyone -

I've posted a few more updates today. Here's what we've got:

* IMAGE UPLOAD *
First, the image upload and edit screen has been completely revamped.

In terms of design, it is quite a bit different, and looks cleaner than the previous version.

* KEYWORDS AND TAGS *
We've also elmininated the "keywords" requirement. Keywords are now replaced with "tags", which are single words that describe your images. Again, these aren't required - though using them will increase the visibility of your images with some of the new features.

We've converted all of the old keywords into tags, which was a pretty big process - but it appears to have gone smoothly. It only took six hours...

You'll see the use of tags come into play very soon (this week). These features are still in development, but I think they will be pretty cool once they are online.

* IMAGE EDIT *
The image update screen has also been updated, and is pretty much identical to the upload screen.

Moving images from one portfolio to another is also performed through the edit page, simply by changing the portfolio from the drop down box, then saving.

* IMAGE REPLACE *
You can now also replace images through the image edit screen - something that people have been requesting for some time now. This means that you don't lose spotlight images, and won't have to retype your information when updating your images.

We've tested these new functions pretty throughly, however, if you do see any issues, please let us know!

Posted at 02:43 PM on Dec 27, 2011

gvbrown
gvbrown - Photographer
Photographer
Michigan, United States
View Portfolio

I'm testing that feature now actually.

Some of the methods I've tried are a little unpredictable, so I'm trying to find one that is consistent and doesn't destroy the image quality.

I've got one more feature on the way, and then the watermark feature will be next on the list for launch.

Posted at 12:43 PM on Dec 28, 2011

gvbrown
gvbrown - Photographer
Photographer
Michigan, United States
View Portfolio

I just got it sorted, and it works really well.

We should have watermarking within the next week!

Geoff B

Posted at 02:00 PM on Dec 28, 2011

McGowanPhoto
McGowanPhoto - Photographer
Photographer
Arizona, United States
View Portfolio

Interesting how Geoff is making changes without shutting things down. ATM, MM is offering Curveball.

Posted at 02:30 PM on Dec 28, 2011

Newest Critique Image

Latest Work Listings