musecube

marywehrhahn - Photographer
marywehrhahn
(Photographer New York, United States)

Hello... anyone still out there? I know that even Geoff is more active on Face Book and another Model site. hmmmmmm is that part of the problem - lack of interest. Half the images that are posted of late have been snapshots and I'm starting to think about building a new site - else where. But I've made such wonderful friends here.
What's your thoughts on MUSECUBE. Is it dead or just hibernating.

Posted at 09:11 AM on Jul 08, 2010
McGowanPhoto - Photographer
McGowanPhoto
(Photographer Arizona, United States)

I visit, but I don't wanna dominate the forums here. Also, I'm seeing a LOT of new talent coming in here. Just wish they'd talk to us (and people would respond more when they do).

Other sites are more active, but this is one where you can send folks to view EVERYTHING you have in your portfolio. That cannot be said for the others.

Posted at 03:25 PM on Jul 08, 2010
gearfabstudio - Photographer
gearfabstudio
(Photographer Pennsylvania, United States)

I would agree with Frederick that it is best to look at MC as a site of one's own and to consider the forums and crit galleries a bonus. I was on Geoff's Impact site for a while, but will be coming back here, as I do like the simplicity of these templates and even though there was a lot of flexibility with impact, I never found a template that I was truly happy with, so I am thinking that it would be like that anywhere and I certainly don't have the skills or desire to custom do a site (jeez, I'm lucky I can find my way around on here!)

Done rambing on... yes, I do hope that there is a bit more activity here. As for using Facebook, etc, to me, it's a social site first and an art site second, or third or fourth as it really doesn't seem like a serious place to display work.

Posted at 03:14 PM on Jul 10, 2010
McGowanPhoto - Photographer
McGowanPhoto
(Photographer Arizona, United States)

Even as slow as our responses have come, it's nice to see folks who still recognize MC's value.

It's akin to the best of having a community to join and having your own site.

Posted at 02:19 PM on Jul 12, 2010
Grandart - Photographer
Grandart
(Photographer Illinois, United States)

I find MC the more interesting of the "modeling" sites largely because of the dedicated members who give thoughtful critiques to the work that's shown here. Having said that, I have yet to earn the first dime from contacts made on MC; financially this site is a disaster for me, but I don't look at it from a financial side. I wish that there was a bit more traffic; I also wish that the management exercised a bit more judgement in the kinds of work or members it allows on the site. I am seeing a lot of amateur/cell phone work from people who should be told politely that this is not the place for them.

Posted at 05:43 PM on Jul 18, 2010

Newest Critique Image

Critique this image
Visit the Critique Gallery!
The critique gallery allows you to select images from your portfolio for review and comments by MuseCube members.

Latest Castings

Latest posts in the new Work Listings board

Nexus casting call
(Casting Call)
Oregon, United States

Fine Art Nude
(Seeking model)
South Carolina, United States

Painting in Motion
(Seeking model)
Massachusetts, United States

EDWARDIAN COVENANT..an editorial shoot b...
(Casting Call)
New York, United States

PhotoNovel About Women's Basketball
(Casting Call)
New York, United States