Username: Password:

The loneliest site in the world.......

Grandart
Grandart - Photographer
Photographer
Illinois, United States
View Portfolio

Is this becoming the loneliest site in the world? A few die-hards who comment and post new pictures, but that's it? What's going on?

Posted at 09:37 PM on May 12, 2010

marywehrhahn
marywehrhahn - Photographer
Photographer
New York, United States
View Portfolio

It seems so... Lack of interest I surmise due to the fact that of late photographers and models are flooding the site with mediocre snapshots and think that if you have a camera that makes you a photographer and if you can take you clothes off and stand or sit - that makes you a model.

I'm busy trying to keep my head above water while honing my craft.
Jene & I have been submitting images to galleries or juried competitions and marketing ourselves as fine art portrait photographers.
But I know if i need inspirations, there are still some of the best photographers/models here on MC

Posted at 12:17 PM on May 13, 2010

Grandart
Grandart - Photographer
Photographer
Illinois, United States
View Portfolio

You are absolutely right on all counts. The people who participate in the critiques are great and they are the reason that I keep posting; the feedback from that is invaluable.

Posted at 04:51 PM on May 13, 2010

McGowanPhoto
McGowanPhoto - Photographer
Photographer
Arizona, United States
View Portfolio

Sorry, the other MC (Model Coast) seems lonelier than here.

Unlike other sites, MuseCube has a lot more outreach. If you choose to do so, you can send people here who are not members, and they can view all your work. That's an option not available on most of the other sites.

For that very reason, I've gotten paid work off of MuseCube and Glamour Models, the only two open to the public. Why those two sites are relatively quiet these days is still mystifying, but they both offer more benefits than the popular ones, at least where I live.

Posted at 10:37 AM on May 14, 2010

model4us2
model4us2 - Photographer
Photographer
Illinois, United States
View Portfolio

Websites come and go in popularity.
Musecube doesn't crash and burn like
several other sites. Its professional and
the people are smart and respectful.

Posted at 02:46 AM on May 16, 2010

marywehrhahn
marywehrhahn - Photographer
Photographer
New York, United States
View Portfolio

I'm here because I have a simple template website which I link to MC because the layouts are a tad more creative and professional looking then on other mass production sites.

Posted at 12:04 AM on May 20, 2010

Newest Critique Image

Latest Work Listings